Easter Sunday has come and gone, but that in no way means the food has. Like many families, you're probably in need of a second fridge for all the leftovers. Personally, we had three different chicken plates at dinner, but we know the lot of you maybe had the traditional ham. And like the reusing of the Easter eggs, that ham can be put to good use too.
Ham Club Sandwich Sliders
- 8 small potato buns
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, optional
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, torn in small pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices crispy cooked bacon, or 1 slice ham or Canadian bacon
- 4 thin slices roasted turkey (about 2 ounces)
- 1 half-pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sweet, dill or bread and butter pickles
Halve and toast the buns in a toaster, or under a broiler. Spread a little mayonnaise and barbecue sauce on the top and bottom of each bun. Layer with lettuce, bacon or ham and turkey. Top with the other half of the bun.