Sometimes all it takes for a good dinner is turning the box over to find the suggested recipe on the back. While this Turkey Pot Pie differs slightly from the one a member of WSi told us about earlier, it comes courtesy from the box of Pepperidge Farms puff pastries. Give it a go. It's Pepperidge Farms, after all. We've got to think they have a pretty good handle on a decent recipe for as long as they've been around.
Turkey Pot Pie in a Shell
- 1 package (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
1. Prepare the pastry shells according to the package directions.
2. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender.
3. Stir the soup, milk and peas and carrots in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the turkey and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Spoon the turkey mixture into the pastry shells.