Monday is hardly the night to try some adventurous recipe. We found this amazing looking spinach and goat cheese tartlet dish but reconsidered when we saw the preparation instructions. Best to leave the more time-consuming dishes for those nights when you don't just want to go home and crash.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3 English muffins, sliced in 1/2
- 3 cups diced eggplant
- 1/4 Vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and add tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are softened. Add salt, to taste.
Spoon cooked tomatoes evenly over English muffin halves. In a skillet, saute eggplant and onions in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add squash and zucchini and cook until tender. Do not over cook, since they will cook some more in the oven. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon sauteed vegetables evenly over the tomatoes. Sprinkle each mini pizza with balsamic vinegar. Top with mozzarella and feta cheese. Sprinkle pizza with Greek seasoning and basil.
Bake 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.