We'll admit that at first, the name of this recipe was a complete turn off. Scrambled egg pasta? Really? Yikes. But after analyzing the ingredients and seeing bacon on the list, our minds quickly changed. If you're feeling up to trying something new and with a taste that has the potential to be out of this world, try this one. Now, is ketchup or marinara sauce the dip of choice?
Scrambled Egg Pasta
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 8 slices thick bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups al-dente cooked pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and cheese; set aside.
2. In a large skillet, fry the bacon and onion together until the meat is browned and crispy and the onion has begun to caramelize.
3. Add the pasta (if using cold day-old pasta, cook until it’s just warmed through, about 1 minute).
4. Pour the egg-and-cheese mixture into the skillet and reduce heat to low. Stir continuously until the pasta is coated with the eggs and they have begun to solidify.
5. Season with the salt and pepper, then serve immediately, with extra grated Parmesan on the side.